St. Mary Mercy Livonia currently has 7 residency programs with approximately 130 residents. To find out more about our residency programs, please follow the links below.
Specialty Residency Programs:
Advanced Level of Care
Receiving care at an academic hospital has many advantages. Faculty physicians participate in leading-edge research, and because of their involvement in this research, they have knowledge of the latest medical developments to offer our patients. And because our physicians will be teaching this advanced protocol, they will have a superior level of expertise to share with the residents and our patients.
Teaching hospitals offer many other benefits:
- Increases access to care for patients
- Resident physicians in hospital 24 hours/7 days per week
- Faculty physicians teach and train resident physicians - share knowledge
- Physicians advance their skills through leading-edge research and teaching
- Provides advanced treatment options and medical developments to our patients
- Patient's healthcare team includes additional new and experienced medical expertise
- Brings 150 new doctors to our local area/300 total new jobs
- Addresses projected physician shortage in southeastern Michigan
St. Mary Mercy Hospital is committed to providing comprehensive, coordinated and compassionate care every time to everyone. Our residents will continue that practice in our faith-based environment, helping to heal our patients in body, mind and spirit.
We look forward to offering this transformation of care and welcome our new members of the community.