We provide health care, disease management and education services to people in the comfort of their homes. Patients who are recovering from surgery, acute illness or injury may be eligible for our services. Our home care program is custom-tailored to each patient.
By working with the professionals affiliated with St. Joseph Mercy Home Care, patients receive integrated care in a JCAHO accredited program. To arrange care for those with more complex needs, referring professionals are encouraged to call our intake nurse specialist, who can help identify patient needs, coordinate the necessary resources, ensure patient eligibility criteria are met and check into reimbursement services.
Services available through St. Joseph Mercy Home Care include:
- Rehabilitation: occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech therapy
- Enterostomal therapy and wound specialty services
- Infusion therapy
- Psychiatric nursing
- Medical social worker
- Certified home health aide
Criteria for Eligibility
To qualify certain conditions must exist. The patient must:
- Be under the care of a physician
- Have an illness or injury that causes them to become homebound
- Have a willing and able caregiver
- Need skilled nursing and/or therapy on an intermittent basis
- Reside in our service area
Home infusion therapy provides:
- Peripheral IV lines and midline insertion
- Antibiotic and antiviral therapy
- Pain control (IV, S.C. and epidural infusion)
- Hydration therapy
- Inotropic therapy (Dobutamine, Milrinone)
- Others: Solumedrol, Gamma Globulins
Home infusion therapy criteria for eligibility:
- Patient is under the care of a Michigan physician
- Patient/Caregiver is willing, able and available to learn and participate in care
- Patient is homebound
- House is reasonably safe and clean, with working phone and refrigerator
- Patient receives first dose in hospital or MD clinic
- Patient status no longer warrants acute care settings
- Patient resides in our service area
Our comprehensive home infusion services include:
- Nutrition consultation
- Home delivery courier service (including other home care therapies if needed)
The focus is on teaching and the assessment of the patient’s status and needs. Nurses coordinate patient care with pharmacy, physician and other disciplines involved. On-call services provide coverage 24 hours, seven days a week to assure patient safety and proper continuity of their prescribed therapy.
St. Joseph Mercy Home Infusion dispenses and delivers infusion drugs and supplies. Pharmacists monitor lab results, medication action and interactions. Pharmacists are available for physician questions, dose adjustments and for direct communication with patients and families.
Nutritionists follow up with our TPN patients, pharmacists, physicians and nurses.