Key Safety Accomplishments
St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor & Livingston
- 500 lives saved through sepsis management since 2005
- 138 Safety Ambassadors advancing initiatives
- Bar-code medications to more accurately administer prescriptions.
- Hourly patient rounding to reduce patient falls and pressure ulcers
- All labor & delivery clinicians certified in electronic fetal monitoring
- Re-certification as primary stroke centers
- One year (and counting) of no ventilator-associated pneumonias in adult ICUs.
At Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, patient safety is our highest priority 365 days a year for every patient, every time.
Because our Mission calls us to provide the best and safest care, our physicians, nurses and staff do everything they can to make sure care is safe, and the systems we use are designed with safety in mind.
Patient safety is everyone’s responsibility. Everyone involved in your care – including you – should say something if you have a questions about your safety.
As trusted health partners in your care, we work together to always be mindful of our patients’ safety as we fulfill our Mission.
100 Top Hospitals List (Truven Analytics)
St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, 1996, 1999, 2009, 2012, 2013
St. Joseph Mercy Livingston, 2010-2012
Hospital Safety Score (The Leapfrog Group)
St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor – Grade A, 2012
St. Joseph Mercy Livingston – Grade A, 2012
Patient Safety Excellence Award (HealthGrades)
St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, 2012
Complete awards list