At St. Joseph Mercy, we encourage visits from friends and family. We request that you observe the following guidelines:
- General visiting hours: 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Intensive Care visiting hours: 10 minutes on the even hour, between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Day of Surgery visiting hours: arrangements are made for family members
- Infants and children under 10: may visit with special permission
To assist the patient in the recovery process, please consider:
- Keeping visits short
- Limiting visitors to two at the bedside at any one time
- Avoid visiting with colds or contagious diseases
Located on the first floor, Baggot Street Café at St. Joseph Mercy is open Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Weekend hours are 9 - 9:40 a.m., for Continental breakfast; 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., for lunch; and 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., for dinner. A vending area is located across from the café and next to the Mercy Gift Shoppe. It is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Hunter Hospitality House
Hunter Hospitality House, Inc. (HHH) offers free lodging for families of hospitalized patients in Port Huron. Their new location, adjacent to the St. Joseph Mercy Port Huron campus, at 2509 Tenth Street will open in the fall of 2013. Until the new location opens, families of patients at SJMPH are welcomed at the other HHH location at 1010 Lincoln Avenue, Port Huron. HHH's mission is to provide a welcoming, relaxing home away from home, steps away from the hospital, for those in need of restoration while their loved ones are patients.
If you are in need of a place to relax, nap, shower and eat a meal away from the hospital, but still desire to be a short distance away in the event of a change in your loved one's condition, contact the Hunter Hospitality House at 810-824-3679. For more information about its programs and services, visit the Hunter Hospitality House website.