We have one of the largest radiation oncology departments in Michigan, led by a team of experts, from physicians to physicists, who are dedicated to patient-focused care. SJMHS continues to invest in the most advanced cancer treatment capabilities, including:
- Michigan’s First CyberKnife® Radiosurgery Center
- One of the Country’s Few Brachytherapy Suites
- Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- CT Planning System
- Linear Accelerators (External Beam Radiation)
Our team of experts in radiation oncology, from physicians to physicists, who are dedicated to patient-focused care. We have:
- Over 50 years of combined experience, treating significant volumes of cancer patients while achieving outstanding quality outcomes
- Board-certified radiation oncologists
- Medical radiation physicists certified by the American Board of Radiology
- Board-certified medical dosimetrists certified by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board
- Radiation therapists certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology
The Department of Radiation Oncology is committed to providing patients the information and support services they need to achieve the best possible treatment outcome. The Department combines the latest in technology with personalized and supportive care throughout and after treatment.
Working together, we customize each patient’s treatment plan and assure patient safety and comfort.