The Image and Results Center (IRC), formerly known as the Radiology Film Room, is responsible for maintaining, storing and retrieving patient’s films and/or images that were completed within Saint Joseph Mercy Health System (SJMHS).
The IRC uses a Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS) allowing the Department of Radiology to be filmless. This state-of-the-art system stores images electronically as digital data, providing patients and physicians with:
- Decreased wait times, faster examinations, and no lost film
- Images for physician appointments available electronically on CD, and will include a copy of the report
- Ordering physicians receive the report(s) quicker and are able to get the results to their patients sooner
- Participating physicians have the ability to view virtual images immediately after the imaging is completed
- Previous images are readily available to the radiologist to use as a comparison when interpreting your images
Picking up Images/Reports
Generally, a request for images or reports should be submitted four (4) hours in advance. When calling to request images, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Patient’s name and Date of Birth (DOB)
- SJMHS Medical Record Number (if known)
- Date of Service (dates the exams were completed)
To request a CD with images (or films), please use the following phone numbers:
- For images (other than mammograms and other mammographic procedures), call the IRC at 734-712-3085 or fax your request to 734-712-3053.
- For mammograms or other mammographic procedures, call the Ellen Thompson Women’s Health Center at 734-712-5957 or fax your request to 734-712-4178.
Please remember that all image and report requests require an authorized signature prior to release. If the patient is unable to pick up images (or films), a signed note from the patient MUST be brought to the department and a picture ID presented by the person picking up the images.
Hours for Image Pick-up:
- Imaging Center: 7 days/week, 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Ellen Thompson Women’s Health Center - Breast Care (mammography): Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
If you need to pickup your images at another SJMHS facility, please discuss with the IRC staff when requesting your images or films.
If you need more information on retrieving your images, please call 734-712-3085 Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and an IRC team member will be happy to assist you.