About the Program
The Center for Joint Replacement at St. Mary Mercy Hospital provides a seamless coordination of services for our patients throughout your joint replacement journey.
• Pre-surgical education provides information, encouragement and support for patients and families.
• A Patient Care Coordination team prepares and guides you through your journey from surgeon selection, choosing your "coach", pre-surgical classes, hospital registration, admission and discharge process, and through your home care selection and experience.
• Early mobility for a quicker, more successful recovery.
• An innovative rehabilitation program that provides patients with the opportunity to work in a team-like atmosphere with other patients and our team of clinicians for a faster recovery.
• Better pain management techniques that enable you to rehabilitate quicker and more comprehensively within the first two days after surgery.
• Our Program offers you the opportunity to experience a successful, quick and complete recovery to get you back to the activities you enjoy.
St. Mary Mercy is now a Blue Distinction Center for Knee/Hip ReplacementSM
The selection criteria used to evaluate facilities were developed with input from a panel of expert physicians. To be designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery and a Blue Distinction Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, the following types of criteria were evaluated. Read more here.
Download the CJR Brochure to learn more.