This new design will not only promote patient and family-centered care, will also address present-day needs and technology trends of the future. This will allow us to better serve the body, mind and spirit of our patients, enhancing the patient care experience.
Highlights of the new design:
- Private rooms
- Family amenities
- Expanded Senior Emergency Center
- Healing environment
- Evidence-based design
- Meets present-day needs and future technology trends
First Floor - New Emergency Center
The first floor will be a 45,000 square foot Emergency Center consisting of 55 treatment rooms, more than doubling the space of our current Emergency Center. This will include specialized treatment areas that allow for more efficient patient care and use of space.
- 2 triage rooms for initial assessment
- 4 Trauma Bays for care of the critically ill or injured
- 6 Rapid Assessment bays for evaluation and testing
- 6 Fast Track bays for care of minor injuries
- 14 General Treatment Rooms
- 14 Senior ERSM Treatment Rooms for care specific to seniors ages 65 and older
- 7 Behavioral Medicine Treatment Rooms
- 2 Radiology Rooms and a CT scanner
- Comfortable and spacious visitor waiting area
- A meditation room for quiet contemplation and prayer
The first floor will also contain classrooms for our Graduate Medical Education program.
Second & Third Floors - Inpatient Rooms
The second and third floors of the new addition will include spacious private medical/ surgical inpatient rooms: Each floor is 33,000 square feet.
- 80 all private inpatient rooms with full bathrooms and showers (40 on each floor)
- Larger rooms to accommodate technologically advanced medical equipment
- Natural lighting, wood, soft colors, updated furnishings and finishes promoting a healing environment
- Dedicated clinical work space in each room
- Ample space for visitors with the capacity for sleeping accommodations
- Direct access from inpatient rooms to surgery, emergency, intensive care and other key areas
- Nursing work areas conveniently located to keep patient care closer to the bedside
- Design will support our current computerized medical record technology and wireless technology capabilities
North-end Renovation - Current Inpatient Rooms
- 90 existing semi-private inpatient rooms on the third, fourth and fifth floors to be renovated into private rooms