St. Joseph Mercy Oakland’s (SJMO) Continuing Medical Education (CME) program is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) to provide professional continuing medical education necessary for the physicians and allied health professionals to increase competence, practice performance, patient safety and quality through the latest advances and practice of medicine. SJMO’s CME office strives to ensure high quality CME activities that comply with the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and the MSMS set guidelines.
CME Educational Highlights
- The St. Joseph Mercy Oakland’s Department of Continuing Medical Education (SJMO CME) was surveyed by the Michigan State Medical Society (MSMS) in conjunction with the governing body of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) and has been awarded Accreditation with Commendation for a term of six years as a provider of continuing medical education for physicians. This is the highest accreditation awarded by the ACCME and is only awarded to CME providers that demonstrate compliance in each of the ACCME’s 22 Accreditation Criteria; this designation is currently held by less than 15% of CME providers to date under the new Accreditation Criteria.
- SJMO offers over 25 CME regularly scheduled series and special activities yearly.
- 250 educational hours are CME certified credits.
- 1,475 physicians participate yearly at SJMO.
- An additional 460 learners participated in our CME programs that were not physicians or residents.