Before you can apply we would like to make sure you are aware of the requirements for consideration. These requirements include:
- A current cumulative grade point average (GPA) above 3.0
- Class standing of sophomore or higher prior to starting program participation
- Completion of introductory biology and chemistry classes (with grades of at least a 3.0 in both) prior to program participation
- Referral/approval from institutional faculty member*
* Eastern Michigan University applicants must be approved by EMU EMRAP Advisor, Dr. Michael Angell
* University of Michigan applicants must be approved by U of M EMRAP Advisor, Dr. David Brawn
Other recommendations include:
- Pre-health oriented career focus
- Volunteer or work experience in a clinical setting or laboratory
- Hard-working, time-efficient and outgoing individuals who aren't afraid to try something new...like talking to a complete stranger!
Deadlines for the upcoming program cycles
Summer 2013: On or before February 1, 2013
Fall 2013: TBD
If selected for further consideration, you can usually expect to hear back from an EMRAP faculty/staff member regarding further application instructions. Once applications have been submitted, applicants can then expect two hear back within 2-3 weeks regarding the formal interview process. Please note that Summer program participants will be given preference over other applicants only wishing to participate in the academic "for credit" program starting in the Fall of each year. Summer associates will not have to repeat the application process.