The South Patient Tower features the Intelligent Care System – the first of its kind – which is the latest technologically-advanced healing system country. It provides important tools for clinical staff that greatly impact care delivery, outcomes, patient satisfaction and much more, resulting in an exceptional patient care experience. The integrated technology will be used in several ways, including for continuous monitoring of patient vitals, support fall prevention, and direct voice communication between nursing staff and the patient.
- Opens May 2014
- Represents a $145M investment
- Consists of an 8-story tower
- Features 204 private rooms
- Is the most technologically integrated healing environment in the country
- Offers hotel-style amenities, including a spacious lobby with fireplace and inviting seating areas; an assortment of shops and services, ranging from a gift shop and convenience store to a pharmacy; the Center for Integrative Medicine; complimentary Wi-Fi; and valet service
- Includes a “family zone” in each patient room featuring a sofa bed with a flip-up table for eating or working on a computer, a dedicated power source, dedicated lighting and a speaker so visitors can read or watch TV without disturbing the patient
- Is designed to improve patient safety and clinical outcomes, and to provide an exceptional patient care experience
Click here to read recent news about the new South Patient Tower.
Click here to meet the St. Joseph Mercy Oakland senior leadership team.