Podiatry Resident Eligibility Requirements
Candidates for residency in podiatry at St. Mary Mercy Hospital must satisfactory prove and provide documentation of the following.
- Successfully completed a Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree from a CPME approved college of podiatric medicine within the past three years.
- Resident must submit documentation of passing scores on the National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners Part 1 and Part 2 prior to the start of their postgraduate year one contract.
- If Resident is entering a program at a level above G1, Resident warrants and represents that Resident has satisfied all criteria, prior to the first day of the Term, applicable to the appointed position.
- Resident further understands and agrees that St. Mary Mercy has relied on the accuracy of information submitted by Resident when applying for a residency position and that St. Mary Mercy may immediately terminate this Agreement if that information is later determined to be inaccurate or incomplete.
- House officers must pass Part III of the National Board of Podiatric Medical Examiners examination to be eligible for promotion to the postgraduate year 2 level of any graduate medical education program sponsored by St. Mary Mercy.
- Possess and maintain the appropriate Michigan educational limited license and controlled substance registration required to fulfill the duties of Resident.