GME Standard Criteria
Thank you for your interest in the graduate medical education programs at St. Mary Mercy Livonia. We are excited about embarking on this new journey with you. Recruitment for the Internal Medicine Residency Program will take place between October 2013 and January 2014. Applications will be accepted only through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). An invitation for interview will be communicated through email. Our program participates in the NRMP Main Match.
Requirements for applicants to be considered for interview include:
- Completed application with all corresponding materials submitted to ERAS.
- Three letters of reference from a US, Canadian or British equivalent clinical rotation. Personal references are not acceptable in place of clinical references.
- Applicants should have graduated from medical school within the past three years and have clinical experience within the past three years.
- USMLE: Applicants must have passed USMLE Step 1 before the interview. Preference will be given to first-time takers of the USMLE. Applicants must pass USMLE Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS before beginning the program, and ideally before the NRMP Rank Order List.
- Applicant must qualify for a full or unrestricted educational limited license in the State of Michigan.
- International Medical Graduates must be certified by ECFMG.
- Citizenship, Green Card, Permanent Resident, EAD and J1 visas
- Resident transfers into advanced training years must follow all RRC, ACGME, and ABFM requirements. Each case will be reviewed on an individual basis by the program director. In order to be reviewed for possibility of transfer, please contact our office for further information.
Again, thank you for your interest in our programs. If you have any further questions you may contact us via email at LIMI-IM_Coordinator@trinity-health.org, or by phone at 734-655-2739.