Asking for help does not need to be difficult or embarrassing. Emotional problems are real and very painful. They can drain a person's strength as well as have a negative impact on personal and family wellness.
St. Mary Mercy Outpatient Psychiatric Services (formerly known as St. Joseph Mercy Behavioral Services) offers a complete range of outpatient mental health services. Our professional staff of dedicated clinicians includes social workers, psychologists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, and adult and child psychiatrists, all of whom have a wide variety of clinical expertise and experience working with people in need of assistance. The goal of our staff is to provide remarkable service and remarkable care for which the Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is known.
- Anxiety and panic
- Fears and phobias
- Grief and loss issues
- Adjustments to chronic illness and pain
- ADD and ADHD
- Parenting concerns
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome
- Infertility, pregnancy loss and adoption
- Divorce, re-marriage and stepparenting
- Self-esteem problems
- Stress reduction and management in work and life
- Gender identity or lifestyle issues
- Body image and weight issues
- Marriage or relationship concerns
- History of childhood abuse or trauma
- Anger management
- Sport and performance psychology
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication management
- Outpatient psychotherapy (individual, couple & family)
- Psychological testing and evaluation (all ages)
- Specialty psychotherapy & psycho-educational groups
Getting the help one needs begins with talking to a competent and trusted professional who will assist you with overcoming the emotional pain and obstacles negatively affecting your life. The goal of feeling better is a phone call away. An intake coordinator will work with you in setting up an initial appointment with a therapist who has the expertise you need. Your therapist will partner with you to explore the nature and history of your concerns, help you identify and set specific goals and work with you to create a treatment program tailored to your individual needs and circumstances.
We have convenient locations to serve you in Ann Arbor, Brighton and Canton. Hours of operation are:
- Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday evening and Saturday by appointment
Information, Referral and Scheduling
To schedule an appointment in the Outpatient Behavioral Services Program please call:
734-786-2301 or 800-289-0014
Intake operators are available from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.