|Why go to the St. Joseph Mercy Oakland Urgent Care Centers?
All of our physicians at our Urgent Care Centers are board-certified in Family Medicine. Since we are part of St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, we have the resources and ability to perform all of the tests that you may need at the Urgent Care Centers or, when needed, at the hospital.
When to Go to Urgent Care:
Urgent Care-Injuries and Illnesses such as:
- Minor asthma-related symptoms, Bronchitis
- Minor cuts or animal bites
- Broken bones or sprains
- Skin rashes, sunburns or minor burns, such as from cooking
- Upper respiratory infections, Sinus infections
- Illness with nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Bladder infections
- Skin infections (such as impetigo, cold sores, athlete's foot)
We also Offer these Additional Services:
Occupational Medicine Services:
- Pre-placement physicals
- Drug and alcohol screening (some can be done in-house with rapid results)
- DOT physicals
- MRO (Medical Review Officer) services
- Work-related injuries
- Return to work exams
Routine Medical Care and Testing:
- School and sports physicals
- Pregnancy testing
- Vaccinations (influenza, Hepatitis B)
We have state-of-the-art digital equipment and our x-rays are rapidly transmitted to the hospital to be read by hospital-based radiologists. A physician's order is required for X-ray services.
Convenient labs are located in all of our urgent care centers. A physician's order is required for laboratory services to be performed.